1. “SMILE” – Improvement in Life of the marginalized Tribal Children through Quality Education, Participation and Protection in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand.
Supported By: Terre des Hommes, Suisse and Swiss Solidarity
Thematic Area of Intervention:
- Protection of Child Rights:
- Protection of children from all types of violence
- Quality education is the basic rights of children
- Ecological rights of children
- Participation of children in decision makingin their issues
- Youth as an actor of change
- Protection of children, youth, women and community in COVID pandemic
- Area of Intervention:
45 villages of 7 panchayats of Ghatsila and Dhalbhumgarh blocks, East SInghbhum.
- Target Population:
4000 Families and 15000 Beneficiaries (children, youth, SHG members and adult)
- Education, Participation and Protection of Children:
- Promotion and running of 9 Child Club and 12 Youth Group
- Capacity building of children, youth, SHG members, PRI members and community on –
- Child Rights,
- Protection mechanism of children,
- Environment protection,
- Gender equality,
- Child participation,
- Issues affecting the children and youth, demand formulation, submission of demand and follow up.
- Promotion and capacity building village level, panchayat level and organization level child protection committees.
- Quality education support to 1600 children, mainly Std. 6 to 10 at regular basis in target villages through 5 Support Education Centre (SEC) and other left out children of neighbouring villages in COVID situation through different ways.
- Child-led initiation and youth actions – awareness building of community on child rights and environment protection – save electricity, use of alternative energy, reduce and reuse of plastics, plantation drive, development of organic nutrition garden, photography on environment and situation of children etc.
- Environment Protection:
- Awareness building of children, youth and community
- Development of alternative energy “Solar Energy” system in Child Club and Education Centres as an initiative towards environment protection.
- Development of organic kitchen garden
- Save electricity, reduce and reuse of plastic
- Save the tree and plant the tree
- Awareness building on COVID safety behaviours and vaccinationand protection of children, youth and community:
- Mass awareness of community on COVID safety behaviours and vaccination in 45 villages.
- COVID safety health and hygiene kit (Mask and Soap / sanitizer)support to at least 3000 families and 18000 people (children, youth and adult).
- Support to community for vaccination by the youth volunteers and SHG leaders.
- Food and livelihood support to needy families in COVID Pandemic 2021:
- Nutritional dry food support to 400 needy families and 1800 people (children, youth and adult) in COVID pandemic for ensuring their 3 months additional food.
- Monetary support to 100 landless and marginal farmers families.
2. Digital Unify for Kid – Tablet for Kid (T4K)
Supported by: ST Microelectronics India, Greater Noida, UP.
Objective of the programme: Introduce children of 9 – 14 years in the use of IT and generate their interest in use of IT technology in future.
Target: 350 children in 2021
3. Humanitarian Aid to Children in COVID Pandemic
Supported by: Azim Premji Foundation
Key Objectives of the project:
- Awareness building of children, youth, SHG, parents and community on COVID protection;
- Protection of children from corona pandemic;
- Develop good habits of children and community for keeping children healthy.
Mode of Intervention:
- Develop a trained team of service provider;
- Preparation of leaflet, posters and flex on covid protection;
- Coordination with block officials, panchayat and Gram Pradhan;
- Mass awareness building through announcement, posters, covid protocol, information and video clipping sharing;
- Awareness building of children through child club and support education centres;
- Village level distribution of nutrition based dry ration and non-food items to children.
- Selection of 6 members team consisting staff, teachers/educators and youth and their capacity building;
- Leaflet distribution, poster/flex at village/ hamlet, announcement by youth;
- Regular awareness and follow up of children in child club and education centres;
- Direct distribution of food and non-food items to children;
- Record keeping, documentation and media coverage.
Area: Asna, Banki, Karadoba, Bhadua, Rawtara panchayats of Ghatsila and Dhalbumgarh blocks, East singhbhum district, Jharkhand.
Target Beneficiary:1500 children of age group 2-12 years.
Target Population: 12000 families,mainly tribal community.
Key achievements in last 3 years:
- Ensure food security of 6000 families mostly tribal.
- 85 CRP (Community Resource Persons) developed as agriculture and animal rearing service providers and they are continuing their services.
- Income enhancement of 2500 families from Rs.10000 to Rs.50000 from cultivation of different vegetables following improved agriculture practices.
- Quality education support provided to 1000 mostly vulnerable tribal children in remote villages and they are continuing their education even in COVID pandemic situation.
- 10 youth group promoted consisting 250 young people and they helped the community especially children protecting from covid by providing protection kit, awareness building, regular monitoring.
- Protected 2000 children in 20 villages from any kind of violence like child labour, child marriage and abuses.
- Promoted one Farmers Producer Company and it’s annual business turn over reached 1.3 crores.
- Established 5 numbers soil less vegetable sapling production poly nursery of average capacity one lakh per cycle.
- Developed 20 ponds, 10 solar based micro lift irrigation units and ensure additional irrigation in 150 acres of land.
Food distribution _ Mass awareness on COVID_RDA, TdH _ CdB
Food distribution to children in COVID_RDA _ APPI
Programme pics_RDA, TdH _ CdB
Videos Education support in COVID